The Project That Gave Me Fits, and How I Solved It

July 4, 2006


Here’s a preliminary glimpse of the top-down tease that I’ve been struggling with for a while. It’s an aptly named project. It teased me with the simplicity of the pattern and then mocked me when I couldn’t get gauge, couldn’t get the holes for the ribbon to line up, couldn’t get anything right. Arggh.

After a confab with the friend I’m making it for (we both agreed it looked way to meshy and swimsuit cover-up-y) I returned to my LYS for help. Lovely Mary assessed the situation and said, “You need to add another strand of yarn.” We searched the shelves for the perfect complement to Maggie’s Linen and Maggie’s Multi Linen and came up with Maggie’s Rag. Just what I needed. I returned to my knitting with new zest, and I didn’t look back until I finished the tease (well, almost). It may be too short, but I at least have a garment for a fitting. It will be simple to add some extra rows, lace the tulle (pictured beside) through the holes that now line up and voila!!! It only took me fifty tries! But I didn’t quit. Yay me!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s